58 days until 2017... Do you work weekends? Subtract 17 Saturdays and Sundays. 41 days.
Do you work Thanksgiving? Wednesday before? Friday after? 38 days?
Do you work Christmas? Eve? The week before? The week after? 28 days?
Is your year in? How many opportunities in your pipeline will need attention? How many blog posts, Pulse articles, etc. do you need to write? How many sales, company, year end, etc. meetings will you need to attend, prepare for, etc. How much harder will it be to reach people that need to be reached? How much personal time will you need to take to run errands, shop for gifts, etc.
I'm just saying that you're gonna be busy and 2017 will be here before we know it. If you want to hit the ground running on 1/1, may I suggest that you start by asking yourself these questions?
- How many leads did you receive and/or work in 2016?
- How many of them asked for YOU rather than your company or solution?
- What would happen if you had 1,000 'ideal' prospects ask YOU for an appointment in 2017?
- What was the most common reason that prospects did not buy from you in 2016?
- How long was your sales cycle in 2016? 10 hours? 2 hours? (Read Extreme Sales)
- Pretend that you needed to double your income or sales in 2017. How would you do it?
Where do you start? How can you be sure?