March 7, 2021 to April 7, 2021 was a month of one significant event after another.
Kind of chronologically...
- On March 7th, my mother died. It was a tough year and I'm sure that she's happier now.
- On March 21st, Annabel came home to visit with us between treatments. What was expected to be a few days has now been extended to 22 days. Gram E is in hog heaven.
- On March 22nd, I got my second Covid vaccine.
- I finished 11 client engagements at the end of March.
- On April 3rd, Elaine got her first social security check because at 70, it's not optional.
- Yesterday, April 7th was our 48th wedding anniversary. (Elaine's a saint.)
So, thinking about my mortality. Wondering if my mother accomplished everything that she intended. Feeling a little relieved after getting vaccinated and kind of ready to start doing some stuff again. Reflecting on Mark, Matt, and clients that have done well, I feel like I've made the world better. Not Bill Gates or Steve Jobs better, but better nonetheless. Finally, enjoying the idea that I don't have 10 coaching calls tomorrow. Starting to think it's time.
Then I see this.
If you haven't read the book, you should. It's an easy read and easy to talk about with others that are reading it. What if I started a book club that was totally focused on connecting with others that were trying to apply Baseline Selling to their day to day selling.
Then I was reminded about the courses that Kurlan and Associates began compiling a couple of years ago.
People learn differently today. Not everybody needs to pay $10, $20, $50K to a sales coach because not everybody needs that much attention. They grab a book, take a course and find a user group to share experiences.
So, here's my suggestion. By the book or enroll in the first course. Send me a copy of the receipt. When a few of you have done it, I'll invite you all to an online meeting. We'll introduce ourselves and talk sales.
Don't forget to share this with your network. Everybody could use one more sale.