Today is an important day for me and has been for 44 years. I have 5 questions for you.
These are the headlines from one US newspaper on January 10, 2020. No virus.
Here are the 5 questions.
- What were your top 3 things that day?
- Were you working on goals that were part of a bigger plan that you made at the end of 2019?
- Are you on target for those goals today?
- If you do not blame the virus, why? Were they the wrong goals? Did you not follow your plan?
- If you do blame the virus, what should you be doing to prepare for the possibility that it's here to stay?
- Have you asked yourself, each of your salespeople, sales managers, customers, prospects and vendors these questions?
You can probably imagine why I asked the first 4 questions, but what's with the 5th?
My coaching conversations have been changing over the last 4 months.
- Start conversations with prospects at a different spot and take smaller steps
- Qualify differently.
- Get more people involved sooner.
- Extra steps in the sales process.
- Sharpen/adjust #2, 3, 5, 13, 14, 15 and 19.
I hope this helps. Government leaders have been in 'reactive' mode. Quarantine, isolate, open up. Now we're seeing mandatory masks, increasing cases and the realization that 2021 may be more of the same. If you or your people haven't figured out how to get back on track in the next 6 months, #ASKMEANYTHING.