Most sales managers have an idea of the attributes and mindsets they are looking for in a sales rep, but have you ever considered what a sales rep is looking for in a sales manager? This list is not meant to be definitive or even ranked in order of importance, but is meant to suggest the mutual commitment that is necessary between a sales rep and their manager.
This is a guest post by Imran Battla. Imran is looking for his next opportunity to help a founder change the world.. He's grown in the last few months and this article is written from his perspective. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. - Rick
In his own words...
Personally, I’m looking to work with someone that is or is ready to be a rockstar sales manager and can help me grow and achieve my goals.
- Do you understand my why?
- Do you find yourself working with Sales Reps that are motivated by money?
- What about those who are driven by more intrinsic factors such as the joy of winning closed deals, or peer recognition, or being able to change the world?
- What if, while working together, you could uncover the why I am after to improve my life, as well as, doing something nice for someone that I care about?
- Would you ever allow your own shortcomings to be the reason that I would miss my goals?
- Do you know how your Sales DNA and Sales Competencies compare to mine and why it matters? Are you able to work with me to identify my shortcomings and shape a path forward to help me overcome my challenges?
- Can you coach me to help uncover compelling reasons for a prospect to buy, the consequences of doing nothing and finding value in fixing a problem they have?
- Can you motivate me to knock one more door, make one more call, or handle one more objection?
- Do you understand your own value and is it tied to a desire to be liked?
- Are you someone who can work with me to build a mutually beneficial network of referral sales and create client evangelists?
- Someone who understands inbound methodology powered by engaging demand generation content that is more effective than just cold calling. Are you a lighthouse or a tugboat?
- Someone who can help me become a better writer and support my desire to craft an authentic voice in sales thought leadership.
So, after reading this you might be thinking,
- This is an article worth sharing (use the link icons below.
- Who is Rick Roberge?
- Who is Imran Battla?
Be sure to read the comments.